Vehicle modifications, both two-wheeled and four-wheelers are quite popular with some people. Through modifications, The appearance of the vehicle can be customized according to your character and needs, as well as having unique appearance and different from vehicles in general.
However, there are things that you must Pay attention before modifying the vehicle, because the modification of the vehicle itself it has been regulated through a Government Regulation (PP) so you need to make sure modifications made still pay attention to aspects of safety, comfort and does not violate existing regulations.
Based on Article 1 Number 12 PP Number 55 In 2012, motor vehicle modification was interpreted as a change to Technical specifications of vehicle dimensions, engines, and/or carrying capacity Motor.
There are several conditions that must be followed if you want to modify the car, among them listed in Article 20 Paragraph 1 letter F PP Number 30 of 2021, which explains that motorized vehicles modified causing changes in dimensions and power capabilities transportation must be carried out research on vehicle design and engineering motorized as a prerequisite for Type Test.
So, what kind of modification allowed vehicles? Here's the explanation:
- Modifications Allowable vehicles are modifications that do not cause changes dimensions and carrying capacity.
- Modifications the vehicle must not endanger traffic safety, as well as damage pavement lapir/carrying capacity of the road traveled (Article 52 of Law No. 22/2009)
- If causing a change in dimensions and carrying capacity, then:
- Mandatory first obtain a recommendation from the Sole Agent of the Brand Holder (ATPM)
- Mandatory conducted by a general workshop appointed by the Ministry of Industry
- Mandatory conducting a type test after the vehicle is modified
Then, what does an example of modification look like Vehicles that break the rules? Here are some examples:
- Changing cubica / cc engine, so it is mandatory to conduct a type test.
- Transform the exhaust becomes a racing exhaust or not up to standard, so it can was hit by a ticket.
- Eliminate safety equipment such as fire extinguishers and safety belts, which are dangerous driver.
- Changing place of installation of vehicle pla, so a type test is mandatory.
- Change vehicle color so it is mandatory to change the color description on STNK and BPKB.
- Using slick type tires, which can harm the driver.
If it violates the rules, anything What risks can occur? Here are some of the risks:
- Exposed ticket (Written warning and administrative fine.)
- When not conducting a type test, may be subject to imprisonment for a maximum of 1 year or a maximum fine of Rp. 24,000,000 (Article 277 of Law No. 22/2009)
- Risks accidents during the trip, because the modification is not up to standard.
- Repercussions loss of warranty from the manufacturer due to modifications that have been made.
Let's always prioritize safety in Drive and obey the rules when making modifications!